Photo Gallery - Desert Pines Golf Club, Las Vegas
View Slide Show of Desert Pines Golf Club
By Brian Weis
Desert Pines Golf Club, nestled in the historic part of Las Vegas, is a taste of Carolina golf just minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. This Dye-designed golf course features thousands of mature pine trees lining the fairways. White sand bunkers protect large, undulating greens with water coming into play on 9 out of 18 holes that offer numerous risk/reward opportunities.
Photo Slide Show
Awards and Recognition
* Ranked #50 in GolfDigest's 2009 Readers' Choice Top 50 Public Golf Courses
* "Best 9 Holes in Vegas" Hole #7 Casino Connection 2008
* "Best Practice Facility in Las Vegas;" Avid Golfer Dallas: 2007
* Host course of the Golf Channel's Big Break II: 2004
* "Most Underrated Course;" VegasGolfer Fairway Awards 'Honors': 2004
* "Top Strategic Course in Nevada;" The Straight Ball Guide - Nevada Golf: 2003
* "Tourism Development Award;" Governor's Conference on Tourism: 2003
* "Best Driving Range;" Las Vegas Life: 2003
* "Top 100 Golf Ranges in America;" Golf Range Magazine
* "Best New Upscale Course;" Golf Digest: 1997
* "Best New Course in Las Vegas;" Review Journal Reader's Poll: 1997
Desert Golf Golf Club
3415 East Bonanza Road
Las Vegas, NV 89101
3 Tees: 6810, 6494, 5873 Yards
Article Tags: Desert Pines Golf Club, Las Vegas
Revised: 12/14/2010 - Article Viewed 21,864 Times - View Golf Course Profile
About: Brian Weis
Brian Weis is the Publisher of GolfTrips.com, a network of golf travel and directory sites including GolfWisconsin.com, GolfMichigan.com, ArizonaGolfer.com, GolfAlabama.com, etc. Professionally, Brian is a member of the Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA), International Network of Golf (ING), Golf Travel Writers of America (GTWA), International Golf Travel Writers Association (IGTWA) and The Society of Hickory Golfers (SoHG). In 2016, Brian won The Shaheen Cup, an award given to a golf travel writer by his peers.
All of his life, Brian has been around the game of golf. As a youngster, Brian competed at all levels in junior and high school golf. Brian had a zero chance for a college golf scholarship, so he worked on the grounds crew at West Bend Country Club to pay for his University of Wisconsin education. In his adult years, his passion for the game collided with his entrepreneurial spirit and in 2004 launched GolfWisconsin.com. In 2007, the idea for a network of local golf directory sites formed and GolfTrips.com was born. Today, the network consists of a site in all 50 states supported by national sites like GolfTrips.com, GolfGuide.com and GolfPackages.com. It is an understatement to say, Brian is passionate about promoting golf and golf travel on a local, regional, national and international level.
On the golf course, Brian is known as a fierce weekend warrior that fluctuates between a 5-9 handicap. With a soft fade, known as "The Weis Slice", and booming 300+ drives, he can blast it out of bounds with the best of them.
Contact Brian Weis:
GolfTrips.com - Publisher and Golf Traveler