The Preserve on Rathbun Lake - Honey Creek Resort
12633 Resort Drive
Moravia, IA 52571
Toll Free: 866-797-5308
Online Tee Times
Golf Course Information
The Preserve on Rathbun Lake, located within the rolling landscapes of Honey Creek Resort State Park, is the DNR’s newest and only resort and golf destination. Nestled on 850 acres bordering Rathbun Lake in South-central Iowa - just 90 scenic minutes south of Des Moines - this perfect union of golf resort and recreation will showcase Iowa's commitment to preserving its natural resources as well as it’s passion for the game of golf. We guarantee you’ll love this pristine and quiet setting. Opened for play in the fall of 2008, our facility is sure to treat each golfing patron to a unique and memorable experience. The layout will be favorable and enjoyable for players of all ages and skill levels, making The Preserve a perfect fit for you and your guests. At The Preserve our motto is "the customer comes first and details matter". We are committed to providing our guests with a unique experience where hospitality and trust are the cornerstones of business. We sincerely thank you for your time and look forward to the opportunity to host your event. Click here to book the Ultimate Golf Package.
The Preserve on Rathbun Lake – Golf and Recreation Amenities
* Championship Golf Course, playable for all ages and skill levels
5 sets of tees, Bent Grass playing surfaces, golfer friendly greens
* Open 7 Days a week – 12 months a year (weather permitting)
* On Site PGA Professionals specializing in tournament coordination including corporate outings, family reunions, and special events
* 2020 Club Car golf carts equipped with the Visage GPS technology
* GPS hole sponsorship opportunities for your outing highlighting you, your clients and your guests
* The extravagant Honey Creek Resort State Park Lodge
(105 room hotel & 28 full service cottages, Activities Center, Boat Rental)
* 300+ seat Conference and Convention Center
(perfect for weddings, meetings, golf receptions, expos, festivals, etc.)
* Rathbun Lakeshore Grille – specializing in American cuisine
* 6,500 square foot Buccaneer Bay indoor water park
New outdoor water park
* 50-slip Marina with boat, jet ski, pontoon, & aquatic equipment rental
* Award winning PGA professional staff
* Individual and Family season passes with membership-like amenities
Golf Trail Member:
Golf Course Info
- Course: 18 Holes
- Course Type: Resort
- Architect: Herfort Norby
- Opened: 2008
- Season: year round (weather permitting)
- Head Pro: Darin Fisher, PGA
Golf Course Stats
- Tee Boxes: 5
- Back Tees: 6988 Yards
- Back Par: 72
- Back Slope: 129
- Back Rating: 73.2
Green Fees and Rates
18 hole weekday w/cart - $42.00
18 hole weekend w/cart - $48.50
9 hole weekday w/cart - $25.50
9 hole weekend w/cart - $35.50
18 hole weekday w/cart - $49.75
18 hole weekend w/cart - $59.75
9 hole weekday w/cart - $30.00
9 hole weekend w/cart - $38.00
Junior and Senior discounts available (call for pricing)
Rental sets available (call for pricing)
Tee Times & Reservations
90 days in advance for regular tee times 120 days in advance for resort guests 180 days in advance for Stay and Play guests 360 days in advance for Corporate Outings
2014 Rates Rate if paid by 2/28/14
Adult Single $900.00 $849.00
Adult Single Walking $459.00 $409.00
Adult Spouse $500.00 $500.00
Adult Senior $825.00 $799.00
(Ages 60 & Above)
Adult Sr. Spouse $499.00 $449.00
Adult Junior Member
(Ages 18-29) $799.00 $749.00 Graduated HS or living on one's own.
Adult Jr. Spouse $499.00 $449.00
**All spouse season passes fall into the paying category of the initial individual season passes
Special 2014 offer
Out of Area Season Pass $699.00 $629.00 Includes Unlimited Golf - ANY DAY (cart rental included)
(must live 60 or more miles from resort)
Weekday Only Pass $549.00 $519.00 Pass includes Unlimited golf & cart Mon. - Fri.
offer (pass includes 1/2 price Weekend GF's)
Children's Rate 9 and Under $149.00 $119.00 Must be accompanies by a parent or guardian.
Children's Rate 10 - 15 $199.00 $159.00 Walking or accompanied by a parent or guardian. Does not include cart fee
Junior Rate 16-21 $249.00 $199.00
(in school & Living at home)
Family Pass $1,900.00 $1,799.00
Unlimited golf & cart (4 or more family members)
Special 2014 offer
Golf Course Amenities
Pro On Site:
Homes On Course:
GPS & sprinkler heads
Golf Instruction and Lessons
call for pricing (641) 724-1400
Call for pricing (641) 724-1400
Contact the golf course for upcoming events.
Honey Creek Resort at Rathbun Lake
- When you've finished a day of exploring wide-open spaces - perhaps hiking the trails, boating across Rathbun Lake, or golfing at The Preserve - rest assured, you'll also have a space that's cozy and just for you. Our accommodations include the Lodge on Rathbun Lake, the Cottages on Rathbun Lake, and RV Park.
Call us toll-free at 866-797-5308 to book your stay today! Or check us out online: www.honeycreekresort.com
Restaurant and Dining Options:
Rathbun Lakeshore Grille Restaurant at Honey Creek Resort
- Join us where friends and family come together in a casual setting. Whether it's an early-morning breakfast or a much-deserved evening supper, our staff at Honey Creek Resort is eager to provide an exceptional dining experience.
Restaurant and Bar Hours of Operation
Mon-Thurs: 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Fri-Sun: 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Mon-Thurs: Restaurant closed for lunch (Grab-and-go lunch items are available in the lobby retail shop)
Fri-Sun: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Daily: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Sun-Thurs: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Fri-Sat: 2 p.m. - 9 p.m.
For more information and menus check out our website: https://www.honeycreekresort.com/dining
Onsite Spa Services
VideoThe Preserve Golf Course
ArticleGolf Course Overview: The Preserve on Rathbun Lake Golf Course
Insights From An Insider With Darin L. Fisher, PGA Director of Golf/Head Golf Professional
ArticleFree Golf at The Preserve on Rathbun Lake Golf Course
Free Golf? Oh, yes.
ArticleGetting To Know: The Preserve on Rathbun Lake
An Insightful Interview With Darin Fisher, PGA Director of Golf
This profile was last updated on 11/04/2022 and has been viewed 63,159 times.